Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sick of not working

How could this be? I really am.

Occupational therapy is what I now like to call work. Greg my roomate suggested I try Occupational therapy as a way to deal with the shit I went through a couple of months ago. It is exactly what it sounds like. Do stuff to take your mind off other stuff. It works, just do something other that sit an stew about all the dumb shit you normally sit and stew about.

This brings me to how I always seem to get stuff in life just when I need it. This job at ABOE was just one of those things. A good pay check when I really needed one. Plus it makes for a perfect distraction from all the crap I have been dealing with. When I am working I really don't think of much else. I just work. At the end of the day I feel good because I have accomplished something and I made some decent cash. It's not that another job wouldn't have kept me busy, but with this job I have to focus enough on what I am doing that I don't really have time to ponder anything else. If I were at Ridleys, I'm sure that because it is slow right now I would give myself plenty of time to wallow in self pity. Self pity is for suckers. Sometimes I am a sucker.

I have had the last 7 days in a row off. I ran out of Lockboxes because the supplier is a douche bag. In that time I have manged to ride several times and tweak my bike many more times. However, without a fulltime job this week I have also had alot of time by myself doing not much of anything. How am I dealing?? Well good. All this time to think and I only managed to let myself get down once. Pretty good considering a month ago I just couldn't stop feeling sorry for myself.

I want to go back to work.

No comments: